Monday 20 January 2014

The little things..





Looking through my outerwear collection last week left me uninspired, miserable and throwing one of my typical 'I have nothing to wear!' tantrums 5 minutes before i had to be out the door. After trying on every single coat, gilet and jacket that I and my mum own's (she will kill me!) i was left with lots of exciting colours to choose from, black, black and more black. Now, don't get me wrong, i love black but funnily enough i was trying my hardest to not look like part of the Addam's family. I felt like this was perfect timing to act upon trying on the coat that had been catching my eye in the River Island window for weeks. Being a typical girl, i tried it on, fell in love with it, and then i looked at the price... £80. If you know me, you'll know that if i love something i will just buy it and not worry about the price tag, but as my bank account and my boyfriend kindly stated, this month i NEED to worry. I trundled out of the shop with my head hanging down, feeling majorly sorry for myself and asking myself the same question that i ask every single time i walk out of shop... 'WHY AM I NOT RICH?!' the shopping trip was coming to end and i still hadn't found what i wanted & trust me girls, i was in the mindset where i was quite literally not walking to my car without a bag with a coloured coat in it. My head was so down it was near enough scraping the pavement when i said to Dale my boyfriend, 'i'll just have a little look in New Look' and there it was! From afar, it looked like a exact replica of my beloved River Island coat, a beautiful dusky pink, textured longline coat. I searched for my size on the rail like my life depended on it and to make sure i didn't make the same mistake as last time, i checked the price... £54.99, bargain! I took it to the fits, tried it on, loved it, got to the till and forgot i had my student discount card making the coat £49!!! 

I was skipping along to my car as happy as can possibly be! The little things hey... :-)

2 comments: