Saturday 14 June 2014

'Why is everyone calling me a hippy?'

Firstly i'd like to just say sorry for the horrendous background of these photos. It was the only decent location i could get in my garden as the sun was too bright!

The title of this post sums up what i was saying to my best friend Maisie all evening on Wednesday! After a long couple of days in London i decided to drag my friend along with me and go and watch my boyfriend play Cricket. (Cricket is just an excuse to sit in the sunshine, gossiping and catching up) Which is exactly what we did! However if i had a pound for the amount of people that said i looked like a hippy i would be getting a few rounds in for everybody tonight. Sighhhh. Although i being called a hippy isn't the worst thing i could be called i guess!




After getting this beautiful Topshop Kimono as a present from my mum for my new job, I was going crazy trying to figure out what to wear with it. As its longline and patterned i figured that the only thing i could team with it is something plain. After a search about in Oxford Street Topshop i grabbed this little t-shirt material tight dress for only £18, a classic basic and perfect under all my many kimonos! The only thing i would say about the dress is that its very short. I have a tall version and as you can see its not by any means long so if you are a tall girl like me, its best to grab it in the Tall section me thinks.



I love this fringed bag from H&M. I got it last year before i went to Ibiza and have had so much use out of it and it still looks as good as new! I have had lots of people ask me where its from but because  it was last season i didn't think they would have any luck in getting it however much to my surprise when i walked into my local H&M the other day, they had started selling it again and in nude swell... oooooooooo!




I love this jewellery combination so much!  The long necklace is a new buy from Topshop. It was only £12.50 and it goes with so much of my stuff. I love turquoise at the moment! I have been unsure of these chokers since they came out but after spotting a cheap one in Matalan the other week i thought i'd give it a try and i have ended up loving it! It gives any outfit that little bit of edge without being too much. However i am slightly sick of the sight of them as it seems like every girl in England has one but i'm still going to try and rock it anyway! *Emphasis on the try*


If you follow me on Instagram you will know that this hat has been the main focus of all my photos recently. After getting it from Topshop a couple of years ago, i have barely worn it however this summer i haven't been without it! I loveeeeee it 



Another buy from Matalan! These slides were in my local store for £14!!! What a bargain. As you can see they have a really thick sole which makes them super comfortable and easy to wear. I also love the contrast of the white sole and black straps. 


Just a shameless selfie! 

4 comments:

  1. You don't look like a hippy in the slightest! The outfit looks chic and casual, hope you had a fab time! :) xx

    Hannas’ UK Beauty | Lifestyle blog @ hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE chokers and I cannot believe you've done that to yourself!!! Ugly shoes AND now ugly necklaces too!!

    Apart from that I loooove your kimono (as always) and you look lullyyyyy xxxxx


    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha shut it you! Daisy!

    ReplyDelete